1. Roundgrove, 3 miles Southeast of New Liberty
2. Allens Grove, 2 1/2 miles Southeast of Dixon
3. Carlson, on the railroad and North County line, 5 miles North Northwest of
4. Martins (Gambrill), on the railroad, 5 miles East of McCausland
5. Argo, 5 miles West Southwest of Princeton
6. Green Tree, 5 miles North and 1 mile West of Davenport. Active from 1878 to
1. Fejervary Park is a favorite coin shooter area in Davenport.
2. Credit Island in the Mississippi river was once a picnic grounds
3. Gold was stolen during a train robbery along the Mississippi River West of
Davenport. The amount was between $35,000 and $50,000 and was believed to be
buried in a 3 acre area just off the railroads tracks and the highway, near a
creek in the location.