In retrospect; Hurricane Katrina can be used as a good example for learning many realities which will occur during a large scale disaster. Here are some worthwhile ones to take note of.
- Criminals and entitlement minded individuals will think nothing of looting or committing violent crimes during a disaster event.
- Avoid shelters, stadiums, etc., because any survival items you bring with you will be confiscated and sickness will run rampant because of the close proximity of people forced to stay together.
- Local, state, and federal officials can and will try and forcibly disarm; and forcibly remove law abiding citizen’s from their homes whether they want to leave or not.
- Don’t believe everything reported on the radio and TV as ratings and the rush to get stories out will result in lots of misinformation.
- Keep your food and water close by, hidden, and use it discreetly.
- If communications are down help…
View original post 245 more words