Monthly Archives: September 2013
This colorful 1,600-year-old glass goblet shows the Romans were experts at nanotechnology … The glass chalice, known as the Lycurgus Cup because it bears a scene involving King Lycurgus of Thrace, appears jade green when lit from the front but blood-red when lit from behind … a property that puzzled scientists for decades … until researchers in England scrutinized broken fragments under a microscope and discovered that the Roman artisans were nanotechnology pioneers.
Añade tus pensamientos aquí… (opcional)
The ancient civilization of the Maya worshipped a number of Gods. They would sacrifice humans in order to communicate with them. After death, the soul was believed to go to the Underworld (Xibalba) where the sinister Death God (Yum Cimil) tested, tortured and tricked their unfortunate visitors.
The most powerful god was HUNAB KU. He was the creator. In the daytime he would be KINICH AHAU, the Sun God, who was the patron god of the city Itzamal. He was believed to visit the city at noon and would descend as a macaw and prepare offerings to the people. His feathery serpent mode was also know asKUKULCAN or also known as the Wind God: QUETZALCOATL. The feathered snake, Kukulcan is believed to of settled at the archeological site of Chichen Itza. At the two yearly equinoxes the play of light and shadow on the…
View original post 374 more words
Añade tus pensamientos aquí… (opcional)
Just 15 years ago Ek Balam (“Black Jaguar” or “Jaguar Star” in Mayan) was excavated and was believed to be an incredibly important Mayan City which dates back to 700 AD. This great city was inhabited as early as 100 BC and was first founded by the ruler “Coch Cal Balam”. In 800 AD, Ukil-Kan-Lek-Tok ruled Ek Balam. His tomb was found inside the main pyramid, which is also known as “The Acropolis”. As you can imagine the archaeologist’s great excitement in uncovering more fascinating glimpses into the ancient Mayan World
After walking ten minutes through the dense jungle you will reach the entrance of Ek Balam. You will marvel at the oversized arch way with the remains of “Sac-be” (old Mayan roads). These roads connected Ek Balam to other major Mayan cities including Chichen Itza and Coba for the transportation of their goods (honey, corn, wax and…
View original post 801 more words
Breitbart – One Voice Silenced, Millions Awakened Op-Ed to “O” your hissy fit on August 31 2013 in front of the cameras and the world…
1. We are not a Federal “democracy.” Those two words are incongruous and simply do not fit together. And, you know it. A “democracy” is simply a palatable word for “mob rule.” In fact, from its root source, the Greek, that is exactly what it means when broken down into its parts. We are a FEDERAL REPUBLIC. And, that means, not mob rule, but the rule of law. A little fact you have ignored for 4.5 years now.
2. When you say this is the worst and most egregious use of chemical weapons in this century, you seem to be forgetting something. A century runs from today back 100 years. Within that time, we have had the Holocaust (6 million); Saddam Hussein’s gassing of 50,000+ Kurds, about which no one did a thing; the use of chemicals, supposedly, by Assad, AFTER you first laid down your “red line.” About which you did nothing! And, we have had our own use of Agent Orange and napalm in Vietnam. And, lest we forget, how about the over 54,000,000 abortions in this country alone since 1973? Not to mention the hundreds of thousands in the First World War killed and maimed by gas. All that occurred within the past 100 years. And, that equals one century. Or, are you not aware of that? And, I know you were talking about THIS century, but, I’m not, frankly. You seem to want to forget history. I don’t.
3. You and, I’m sure, many others on the left, will say we are being hypocritical because many of us gave our support to President Bush’s and Congress’ decision to go into Iraq. Let me remind you, and them, of one little item: We had been attacked and had lost around 3,000 Americans and other nationalities on our own soil. Saddam Hussein himself had spent years bragging he had WMDs. He had USED WMDs on his own people (remember the 50,000+ Kurds I mentioned above?). Our economy, yes, our NATIONAL SECURITY, had been hit! So, please…do not insult me or my countrymen by trying to compare your petulant decision to appear “strong” and have a personal hissy fit with a decision by President Bush, Congress, the American people and a coalition of our allies (we actually had some allies then!) to fight against a madman who truly was guilty of genocide against his own people. Yes. President Bush (both of them) had large coalitions and both of them also had Congressional approval. You don’t. And, what will you do if you don’t get it? Have another hissy fit and act anyway?! Fine. Do it. That IS an impeachable offense. So, you go right ahead and do it. And, we’ll see you in the impeachment hearings.
4. Why it is that you…and, we…have drawn this artificial diplomatic and international “rules” law about WMDs being worse than the present conventional weapons? Which happen to be horrible enough in themselves?! You, the UN, the entire world, have sat back and let 100,000+ Syrians die and, basically, have not done a thing. And, now, all of a sudden, you decide to act…all on your own? Without proper evidence? Let’s just get off your high horse, sir. Death and murder are death and murder. Period.
5. And, why are you all of a sudden choosing sides in what is truly an internal civil war? Which side is morally right here? From what I can see, both are about equally evil. Yes. Evil. Neither side cares how many of their own people they slaughter, frankly. And, all of a sudden, you decide to take sides with one evil against the other evil? That just plain does not make one iota’s worth of sense to me. Especially, when you have never drawn a “red line” about the massacres of Christians in a single Muslim country…specifically, Egypt under the Muslim Brotherhood?! And, yes, Assad is brutal, but…he has protected Christians in Syria for decades. That is more than the Al-Queda-filled rebels will do if they take over. It is more that YOU have done in 4.5 years in office!
6. And, finally, you’re putting off your own “red line response” again until Congress comes back on September 9? That makes no sense, either. If the matter is serious enough to put OUR (not YOUR) military in harm’s way, then it is serious enough for Congress to come back into session NOW! But, wait…yes, wait. Now I get it. Of course! Congress comes back on Sept. 9. Let’s say 2 days for debate. Hmmm…now, we have September 11. The anniversary of Benghazi. The anniversary of the first 9/11. The date of the planned Million Muslim March on DC. The date of the planned AMERICAN Biker’s March on DC. O.K. Now, I get it. A perfect way to distract us from those little items. Sorry, but, it simply won’t wash! You seem to think we are truly stupid, sir. Well, guess what?! You, sir, ARE WRONG!
So…I am one of those demanding that Congress come back NOW! Congress needs to get itself back into session immediately! And, VOTE NO on this insane directive from someone who certainly do NOT have the good of America or the good of ANYONE in his mind.
You know, one thing about this would-be dictator…he sure is forcing Americans to stand up for what we believe is right! And, if we are serious about being Patriots, we’ll take this fight straight to him! If not, we have no right to ever again complain about the death of America. We will have caused it!
WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEO….